3D Systems and GF Machining Solutions Integrating Additive and Subtractive ManufacturingSeptember 19, 2018
· Printer Module (PTM): designed to withstand the rigors of 24/7 production cycles enabling maximum printer uptime and output.
· Removable Print Module (RPM): sealed module for powder and part transport between printer, powder, and transport modules featuring a vacuum chamber to ensure the lowest O2 content and enabling high-quality 3D-printed metal parts. Powder waste is eliminated, as the vacuum chamber guarantees consistent high material quality, sufficient to be reused to depletion.
· Powder Management Module (PMM): efficiently de-powders parts on build platforms, automatically recycles unused powder materials, and prepares the RPM for the next build.
· Transport Module (TRM): enables efficient movement of the RPMs between printer and powder modules, reducing production time.
· Parking Module (PAM): provides interim storage of RPMs in an inert environment until ready for further progression in the workflow (stores a fully prepared RPM for its next print job while the PTM finishes the previous print job).
View Glossary of 3D Metal Printing Terms
Technologies: Powder-Bed Systems
Phillips, EOS North America Expand Distribution Partnership ...
Wednesday, July 28, 2021
Vertex Manufacturing Installing Velo3D AM Machine to Meet Gr...
Thursday, July 1, 2021
3D Systems Expands Technology-Leadership Team, Adds AM Chief...
Wednesday, June 30, 2021