System Enables Efficient, Safe Handling of Metal-AM PowderAugust 17, 2018
The newly introduced metal-powder recovery system by Vac-U-Max, maker of pneumatic systems and support equipment, increases productivity of additive-manufacturing (AM) machines by extracting powder from the printing bed using vacuum and then sieving the powder for future use. The closed-loop system prevents operators from coming into contact with the powder.
System features include:
- Compressed air-driven vacuum generator with ½-in. NPT high-pressure air connection and variable orifice assembly for adjustment of vacuum levels. The generator requires 35 cfm at 60 psi.
- Vacuum receiver package with 36 sq. ft. of filter area and counterweighted discharge valve. The component is made of 316L stainless steel.
- High-output suspended vibratory sieving machine with US230 stainless-steel mesh and ultrasonic deblinding kit.
- Control panel that incorporates a microprogrammable logic controller for vacuum-conveying functions, starter for sieve, ground and bonding monitor, and face-mount ultrasonic controls.
- Rolling-square-tubular frame with locking casters and made of powder-coated steel.
See also: Vac-U-Max Inc
Technologies: Metal Powders
Sintavia Develops Proprietary Copper-Printing Technology
Tuesday, July 20, 2021
Uniformity Labs Raises $38 Million to Fuel AM Process and Ma...
Friday, February 5, 2021
New Granutools Website Details Technology for Powder-Flow Ch...
Friday, January 8, 2021
Whitepaper Details Metal-Powder-Feedstock Factors That Direc...
Friday, November 27, 2020